Watch in 108P HD on YouTube! Here is some footage of me flying my 148% scaled FliteTest Versa Wing RC plane. I named this model The BA Versa Wing because it has the Best Attibutes (BA) of:
1. It’s scaled up 148% in size resulting in a 57″ wingspan that fits door-to-door in the back of my car/truck.
2. It uses an affordable and easily acquired Turnigy D2836/8 1100kv motor
3. It uses an affordable and easily acquired 11X8 Master Airscrew Prop
4. It uses 2 affordable and easily acquired 9 gram metal servo servos
5. It uses an affordable and easily acquired 2200mah battery that gives 6-9 minutes of flying time
6. It’s super durable (this video is after the plane had been crashed 3 separate times)
7. Making the 57″ version was almost as simple as making the standard smaller version
8. Most importantly, it flies and performs amazingly well with this basic configuration. Watch how well the plane does vertical climbs in the video.!
Don’t be surprised if, after watching this video, you decide to build your own BA Versa Wing. To get you started, more information on the normal Versa Wing can be found on the FilteTest.com website at this link:
Spoiler alert….I know this is a long video, but if nothing else, watch the “spot-on” landing at the end of the video!